Add an Event to the Website
- Read the chapter titled “Events Features in Detail” in the
- Verify that the Events Feature has been activated. See
tutorial titled, “Activate the Events Feature”.
- Prepare an Event Brochure using MSWord and store it on
your computer as a PDF or HTML file.
- For upload of HTML file with associated linked files (page
elements) such as JPEG, GIF, etc., it will be necessary to have all such
files in a Support Folder stored in the same directory as the HTML file
using the following Naming protocol:
HTML File Name = mypage.htm
- Click on the Events add icon on the Site Administration
- On the Event Management Page enter the event description,
title, date and time of event.
- Select Enable Registration as Yes if you wish to allow
- Click on the Add Brochure icon to add the event brochure
created in earlier step. Or, you may use lookup icon to locate a document
already stored in document library.
- Enter event location details
- Enter data into Make Checks Payable To tab section –
Information input by Administrators into this section will be used to
instruct visitor who request to pay by check.
- Enter Who to Contact for More Information Details
- Select accepted payment methods.
- Enter the number of Allowable of Days Prior to Event Date
to Cancel or Change to Registration.
- If necessary limit the number of possible registrants by
entering an event limit. If total registrants exceeds this limit, late
registrants will receive a message indicating the event is sold out
- Select Yes for the Require Entry of Registrant Names field
if you want registrants to enter guest attendee names – needed for event
badge printing process.
- If event will be open to non-members (persons without
logins) they will be required to signup before registration. System uses
default contact registration unless a quick registration form is selected
in the SignUp Form field. If you haven’t created an abridged contact
record signup form AKA Quick Registration then create one. See the
tutorial titled, “Build a Quick Registration Page”.
- Select a staff member or event coordinator to receive
notices of new event registrants and place their email into the Send
Response Notification Email To Field. NOTE: Verify that a Response
Notification Template is selected in Event Features Management. See
tutorial titled, “Activate the Events Feature”.
- Enter a Reporting Class Field if your organization uses
them. – This field is used as a filter for reports based on reporting
classes usually set up by committee or chair responsibility (For example,
events, communications, membership, etc.). See the tutorial titled,
“Entering a Reporting Class”.
- Set up Registration Types and Fees
The description fields of the
Registration Types and Fees Detail are filled by default for the convenience of
System Administrators. You can change the values by clicking on the edit icon
for an individual item.
Logic is used to determine whether
certain items should be displayed to a logged in visitor. For example, a logged
in visitor who had membership type status would see the Member Registration
Type, the Guest Registration Type and the Member’s Employee Registration Type,
if they were active, but would not see the Non-Member selection because it
would not apply.
Include Checkbox – The
Administrator can check and uncheck the boxes by clicking on them. A checked
box indicates active status, in which case a visitor will be able to signup for
the checked item when registering for an event.
Description Field – The Description
Field displays a purchasable item at registration signup and can be updated to
display registration types to visitors when they register for an event on the
public portion of the website.
Cost Field –
This field is for FUTURE IMPLEMENTATION.
Price Field – The Administrator
enters the price of an event type in the Price Field.
- Click on Registration Types and Fees edit icon and set up
item rules as necessary for the specific event’s policies and prices. See
the tutorial titled, “Administering Registration Types and Fees”
- Set the Active Field to Yes.
- Enter an expiration date. The Expires Date Field provide
for the input of a date, after which the event will no longer be displayed
on the visitor (public) portion of the website. It does not delete the
record but tags the record so it will be filtered from display.
- Set the Chapter ID Field if your organization uses multi
Level Field – The Level Field is
applicable to multi-chapter synchronous installations of PORTALPRODIGY where
levels, such as National, Regional, State and Local are4 used to filter the
display of records.
- Set the privacy settings
- Click the Save button.
- You may automatically send an event notification to
members by clicking the broadcast button if a template was created. See
tutorial titled “Create a Universal Automated Event Announcement Email