Create an Exchange Notification Email
- Read the chapter titled “Exchanges Feature in Detail” in
the Administration Manual.
- Read the chapter titled “Broadcasting Features in Detail”
in the Administration Manual.
- Create Exchanges Administrator Security Group or Decide
which existing security group will a manage Exchanges feature.
- Click the Broadcasting add icon on the Site Administration
- Select Type = Email
- Enter a sender’s address. Usually an address is set up on
organizations mail server following a format similar to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter “A new XXXXXX has been added to XXXXX exchange”
into Subject field.
- Set Object Type to Exchanges.
- Type or copy and paste something similar to the sample
shown below into message field:
Dear that <<%CONTACT:FirstName%> <%CONTACT:LastName%>
We’d like to inform you that a new used system has been
added to the Used Systems Exchange by <%EXCHANGELISTING:ContactName%>.
He listed a <%EXCHANGELISTING:PositionTitle%>. You
can view this item by clicking on the following link:
- Click on the Recipient button
- Indicate the Intended Recipients by setting the filter on
the Broadcast Recipients page.
- Click on Save button