1. Read chapter of Administrator Manual titled “Payments Features in Detail”.
2. Go to Site Administration Menu.
3. Click on the Payments Add icon located in the Transaction Mgmt. section to go to the Payment Entry Step 1 page.
4. Select whether the Payment is being made by a Company or Individual. The purpose of the first step is identify the customer, if possible, or to inform the system whether to lookup a company record or a contact (individual) record.
5. If you have either: the Order/Invoice#, Contact ID, or Company ID, enter it; otherwise leave these fields blank.
6. Click the Next Step button to proceed to the next step of the payment entry process. The next step is dependent on the information entered in step 1. If either Order/Invoice#, Contact ID, or Company ID are entered and found; the Search for Contacts/Companies step is skipped.
7. If the Search for Companies is displayed perform the following:
a. Enter search criteria such as the company name and click the Search button.
b. If you identify the correct company in the Found Companies results, click the corresponding Select option (on same row as Company).
c. If you need to view more information about the company in order to identify it, click on the company name. This will display the Companies Management page for the corresponding company. When finished viewing the company record click on the Close button; this will return you to the Search for Companies page with the Found Companies where you can select the company, select another company, or modify your search criteria and click the Search button again.
d. Once you have selected a company you will be taken to Payment Entry Step 2.
8. If the Search for Contacts is displayed perform the following:
a. Enter search criteria such as the Last Name and First Name, then click the Search button.
b. If you identify the correct contact in the Found Contacts results, click the corresponding Select option (on same row as Contact).
c. If you need to view more information about the contact in order to identify it, click on the contact name. This will display the Contact Management page, for the corresponding contact. When finished viewing the contact record click on the Close button; this will return you to the Search for Contacts page with the Found Contacts where you can select the contact, select another contact, or modify your search criteria and click the Search button again.
d. Once you have selected a contact you will be taken to Payment Entry Step 2.
9. Payment Entry Step 2 involves entering the details about the payment.
10. The payment date defaults to the current date. You may enter a different date such as the actual date the payment was received.
11. Select the credit card type either, American Express, Master Card, Visa, or Discover.
12. Enter the card holders name printed on the card.
13. Enter the credit card number into the Number field. If your organization or authorization processor requires CSC verification, enter the CSC number in the field to the right of Number.
14. Enter the Expiration Date in numeric format as Month and Year.
15. Enter the dollar amount of the payment.
16. The payment address will default to the customer’s billing address. If your bank or credit card processor requires address verification, verify that this address is the billing address for the credit card; if it is not, change the address to the correct credit card billing address.
17. If you have already authorized the credit card transaction, enter the authorization number now; otherwise this can be entered as separate process using the Payment Authorization feature.
18. Click the Next Step button to proceed to the payment distribution process where you apply the payment to orders/invoices. See the tutorial titled “Apply a Payment to Orders (Payment Distribution)” for instructions on completing the credit card payment entry process.