Implement an Advocacy or Political Organization Website
- Register Domain and Setup Domain Name Service to point
your host domain to appropriate IP address supplied by Portal Prodigy.
- Turn on the following features
- Membership Fees
- Prepare header graphic for home page. (a JPG sized 775 X
65 pixels at 96 pixels per in works well)
- Update Logo & Title Management page data to customize
your site header and footer.
- If desired create a Splash Page.
- Add your greeting text or HTML to the Greeting Management
page and load Splash page if applicable.
- On Greeting Management Page, select Mini Browsers to
display on Home Page.
- Select a site template.
- Customize color scheme.
- Modify security group default values if desired.
- Configure User Signup.
- Define Membership Types.
- Define Contributor Membership Types I.e. Gold Sponsor,
Silver Sponsor and Bronze Sponsor.
- Add menu link to Membership Type selection page.
- Upload or enter Contact/Member data.
- Configure a Member Directory
- Configure a Board of Directory
- Configure a Staff Directory
- Configure Committees Directories
- Add menu link to Directories Selection Page
- Configure the email broadcast feature.
- Load meetings and events schedule.
- Add menu link to events selection page.
- Convert association’s documentation: forms, manuals,
policies, etc into HTML or PDF format.
- Create document categories and load documents to build
- Create one or more of the following Member Exchanges or
Classified Advertising Boards:
- Resume Board
- Projects & Job Board
- Meeting Places
- Barter Board
- Add menu link to exchanges.
- Configure Newsletter & Publication Types.
- Add Menu Link to Newsletter Archive page.
- Create Discussion Groups. You can for example, divide
discussions into groups based on:
- Specific Issues
- Locale or district.
- Specific candidates
- Specific Events
- Add menu link to Discussion Groups selection page
- Load media contacts.
- Create Press Release Publication Template
- Load Regulatory, Legislative, Executive and Judicial
- Configure LRCA Features Management.
- Recruit experts for inclusion in Ask the Expert Feature.
- Configure Expertise Topics Management Page
- Configure Ask the Expert Feature Management.
- Load experts into Contact Database and set Contact Type
Management Variables for each.
- Add menu link to Ask the Expert Option.
- In Notes Feature Management select default search column
- In Notes Feature Management enter list of Available
- Send Brochure
- Return Call
- Prospect for Donation
- Prospect for Service Contribution
- In Notes Feature Management enter list of Prospecting
- New Member
- Member Renewal
- Service Provider
- Service Consumer
- Create and broadcast a membership website review survey.
- Assign content creation, input and maintenance
responsibilities and adjust contact record permissions accordingly.
- Start using the site.