Import Contacts Excluding Media and LRCA Types
1. As a pre-requisite to importing contacts:
a. Verify that User Signup has been configured.
b. Read chapter of Administrator Manual titled “Import Data Features in Detail”.
c. Have a qualified CSV file containing Contact information either on your computer or accessible on your local area network from your computer.
· File must be formatted according to CSV standards as comma delimited file format.
· Data types must match corresponding Portal Prodigy data types.
· Portal Prodigy accepts most standard phone formats and will convert them to 999.999.9999 format. Phone Extensions should be placed in separate field (column).
· States must be in two letter abbreviated format, such as “CA” for “California”. Note that when State is not included as field in import, the default State specified in User Signup Features Management is assigned.
· Country must be in three letter abbreviated format, such as “USA” for “United States of America”. Note that when Country is not included as field in import, the default Country specified in User Signup Features Management is assigned.
d. If you want to assign the imported Contacts to a specific Security Group/Type, verify that this Security Group exists; otherwise add it. Read chapter of Administrator Manual titled “User Groups and Security in Detail”.
2. Go to Site Administration Menu.
3. Click on the Utilities Go To icon located in the Site Management section.
4. Click on the Add New button.
5. Enter a Profile Name.
6. Click the Browse button and use the Choose File dialog box to select a CSV file.
7. If the imported CSV file contains field (column) labels in the first row, check ‘Ignore first row which contains column headings’. This checkbox is located to the right of the ‘Values Included’ section heading.
8. For each field (column) in the imported CSV file, enter the column number in the text box of the corresponding field name on the Import Contacts Data Management page.
9. A zero or blank (no number) indicates that the field is not in your CSV file.
10. Check all fields that should have their existing value replaced by the imported value. Empty fields in existing contact records will always be updated with the imported value. If the contact is new, all of the fields will be imported when the new contact record is created.
11. Check applicable Contact Types (such as “Client”, “Prospect”, “Manufacturer”, “Vendor”, etc.) to assign the imported Contacts to.
12. If applicable, check one or more Special Interest Groups to assign the imported Contacts to.
13. Check one or more Security Types (Security Groups) to assign the imported Contacts to.
14. Click the Save button to save the import profile.
15. Click the Import button to perform the import.
16. When import has finished it will display the total number of rows that were successfully imported and it will list by row number each row that could not be imported and reason why.
17. Click Close button to return to the Utilities Menu.