Setup Customer Price Groups and Volume Pricing
1. Read chapter of Administrator Manual titled “Item/Products Catalog Features in Detail”.
2. Go to Site Administration Menu.
3. Click on the Features Go To icon located in the Site Management section.
4. Click on Product & Inventory link to go to the Product & Inventory Features Management page.
5. Click on the Price Groups link to go to the Price Groups Management page.
6. Click Add New Price Group link.
7. Enter a Description.
8. Select a Default Method. The following choices are available:
a. Specified Price – used to specify a specific price.
b. % Discount List Price – used to calculate a price as percentage off of the List Price.
c. % Discount Sales Price – used to calculate a price as a percentage off of the Sales Price.
d. % Markup Cost – used to calculate a price as cost plus a percentage markup.
9. Click Save button to save.
10. Repeat that last four steps to add additional Price Groups.
11. When finished adding Price Groups go to Item Management and either add a new product Item or retrieve an existing one. Read tutorial titled “Create a New Product Item Record”.
12. Click on Price Group Pricing link.
13. Select a Price Group from the list box.
14. Select a Method.
15. To define volume pricing repeat the following steps for each quantity range. To define a single price regardless of quantity purchased perform the following steps once.
a. In the Prices grid click on the Add New Record icon, located on the bottom of the grid. This inserts a row in the grid.
b. Enter a quantity in the Qty. From field.
c. Enter a quantity in the Qty. To field.
d. Depending on the Method selected either, enter a price, a percentage markup, or percentage discount. Percentages are entered as follows:
· 10 for 10%
· 10.75 for 10.75%
e. Click the Save Record icon, located on the bottom of the grid, to save the record.
16. Repeat the above steps for each Price Group. The Copy From list box can be used to copy the Pricing records from other Price Groups. To use the Copy From:
a. Select the Price Group that you want to create prices for (copy to).
b. Select a Copy From price group.
c. Click the Save button. This copies the price records and automatically saves them.
d. If applicable, you may edit the Price records by clicking on a Price record in the grid, then clicking the Edit Current Record icon, located at the bottom of the grid.
e. When finished making changes to the price record, click the Save record icon, located at the bottom of the grid.
17. Click the Close button when finished.