Build a Mini Browser using Mini Browser Builder
1. Read “Mini Browser Builder” sub-chapter, in chapter of Administrator Manual titled “Features Management Menu in Detail”.
2. Go to Site Administration Menu.
3. Click on the Features Go To icon, located in the Site Management section, to go to the Features Management page.
4. Click on Mini Browser Builder link to go to the Search for Mini Browsers page.
5. Click on Add New button to display the Mini Browser Builder page.
6. Enter Mini Browser Name - used to assign a textual name for easy identification.
7. Select a Location where the Mini Browser shall be displayed on the page: (Note that one or more of the selections may not be available depending on the chosen template).
a. Left Side – places the Mini Browser on the left side of the home page. For templates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 10 the Mini Browser is vertically aligned with the left side menu section.
b. Content Section – places the Mini Browser within the content section of the page.
c. Right Side Menu - places the template on the right side of the home page. For template 3 the mini browser is vertically aligned with the right side menu section.
8. Enter a Sort Order number. This allows you to control the order of the Mini Browsers. You may leave the sort order set to “0” to have Portal Prodigy sort them alphabetically.
9. Enter a Title for the Mini Browser header and select the following header options:
a. Font Type
b. Font Size
c. Font Color
d. Font Style
10. Select a Style - there are three styles to choose from:
a. Style A (Template Frame) - this style is dependent on the selected template. It formats the Mini Browser to match the Visitor portion of the Website. It includes separate background colors for the Mini Browser header and Mini Browser content sections.
b. Style B (No Frame) - this style has no frame and uses the same background color that is used for the content section of the Visitor portion of the Website.
c. Style C (Line Frame) – this style places a frame around the Mini Browser and uses the same background color that is used for the content section of the Visitor portion of the Website.
11. Click Save button. This saves the Mini Browser and displays the Mini Browser Items section.
12. Repeat the following steps to create Items for the Mini Browser:
a. Click ‘Add Item’ button to display the Mini Browser Item Management page.
b. Enter a title for the Mini Browser Item. This will be displayed as a link to the Menu Item Option that you will select as one of the steps listed below.
c. Select a Font Type for the Item.
d. Font Size for the Item.
e. Font Color for the Item.
f. Font Style for the Item.
g. Enter a Sort Order number. This allows you to control the order of the Items. You may leave the sort order set to “0” to have Portal Prodigy sort them alphabetically.
h. To include a thumbnail size image, set Use Image to “Yes” and use the Browse button to load an image from you computer. The image is inserted directly above the Item title and is automatically resized to fit the width of the Mini Browser.
i. Enter the Text you want displayed.
j. Select a Font Type for the Text.
k. Font Size for the Text.
l. Font Color for the Text.
m. Font Style for the Text.
n. Select a Menu Item Option from one of the following:
· URL - used when you want to manually specify a URL to link the Item to. The URL can be to another Website or to a page within your PORTALPRODIGY Website. It is best to avoid the use of URLS as they are subject to change. You may enter the URL with or without the “HTML://”.
· Option - used when you want to link the Item to a PORTALPRODIGY feature. Select a feature from the list box.
· Menu - used when you want to link the Item to a menu created using the PORTALPRODIGY Menu Builder. Select a menu from the list box.
· Administrative Option - used when you want to link the Item to a PORTALPRODIGY Administrative option including Resource Documents. The lookup feature is used to locate the record ID corresponding to the selected Administrative Option. E.g. select “Documents” then use the lookup option to search and select a document. If you know the document ID you may enter it in the field without using the lookup option.
o. Click the Close button and confirm save.
13. You are finished.