Activate and Setup the Donations Feature
1. Prerequisites that directly pertain to setup of Donations include:
a. Read chapter of Administrator Manual titled “Orders Features in Detail”.
b. Read chapter of Administrator Manual titled “Payments Features in Detail”.
c. Follow the steps outlined in the Quick Tutorial “Create Automatic Thank You Email for Donors”.
2. Go to Site Administration Menu.
3. Click on the Features Go To icon located in the Site Management section.
4. Enable Donations by checking the Donations checkbox.
5. Click on Donations link to go to the Donations Features Management page.
6. Enter a Title such as “Make a Donation”
7. Enter instructions, guidelines, and other applicable information. You may enter as text, cut and paste either HTML or text, or click the HTML Editor icon to use PortalProdigy’s HTML WYSIWYG Document Editor. See the Quick Tutorial titled “Using the HTML Editor”.
8. To enable a confirmation such as “I am a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien. (required).” Enter text up to 80 characters in length. The text along with a checkbox will be displayed on the Donation entry form.
9. Select an Auto Broadcast Template that was created by following the steps outlined in the Quick Tutorial “Create Automatic Thank You Email for Donors”.
10. Select and Administrator Notification Template that will be used to format the administrator email notification sent each time a donation is submitted
11. Enter the email address of the administrator to send notification to each time donation is submitted
12. Click Close and confirm to save.
13. Go to Site Administration Menu.
14. Add a Link to the Donation Page:
a. Read Menu Builder section of chapter titled “Features Management Menu in Detail” of Administration Manual.
b. Click the Features edit icon on the Site Administration Menu Page.
c. Click on Menu Builder link.
d. Search for menus.
e. Select applicable menu by clicking on its title.
f. Click on Add Menu Item button (Lower right of Menu Items table)
g. If applicable select a Topic.
h. Enter the Items name such as “Make a Donation”.
i. Enter a Sort Order number.
j. Menu Item Option provides four choices. Click the radio button corresponding to ‘Option’.
k. Select “Donation Entry” from the Option list box.
15. Click Close button and confirm save.